Ancient Rome Worksheet 3
Web Page Name: Famous Romans
eb Site Address: http://roman-empire.net/children/famous.html
Julius Caesar – General, Politician, Statesman.
1) Name two countries which Julius Caesar led expeditions into? ________________________________________________________
2) What did Marius do that was so great? ________________________
3) Augustus arranged for the death of Julius Caesar and Mark Antony. He also defeated the great Egyptian Queen ________________. Was Augustus considered a good Emperor? ________________________.
Why ? ___________________________________________________
4) What historical event happened during Nero’s time as Emperor? ________________________________________________________
What is Nero said to have done about this ? _____________________.
5) Trajan was known for two personal qualities ________ and _______, and his humanity when dealing with the Senate.
6) What did Trajan do for the poor? ____________________________
7) Constantine moved the capital of the Roman Empire from _______ to ________ which he re-named ______________ after himself.
8) Constantine was the first ___________ Emperor.
Justinian – The last ‘Great’ Emperor.
9) Justinian’s generals Belisarius and Narses, re-conquered the city of _________.
10 ) He also created a unified code of laws known as the ___________ code (named after himself) which forms the basis for all systems of law in the western world.
Share with your friends: